Новость

mps and hit the ice twice during

Описание: О русском языке и русской культуре

lw789
lw789

#1 lw789 » 14.07.2018, 06:02

PHOENIX - New England Patriots offensive lineman Sebastian Vollmer spent a good portion of his hour-long media session answering questions in German.Vollmer grew up in Germany, so it makes sense, but it also exemplifies how much of an international event the Super Bowl has become.Quite a few of the 2,000 journalists jammed across the floor of the US Airways Center at Super Bowl Media Day on Tuesday were from foreign outlets, including some of the more outrageous ones who gave the event some international flavour.___GERMAN CONTINGENTThough Germany hasnt quite latched onto American football, theres still plenty of interest in the Super Bowl.More than 30 German journalists travelled to Arizona this week to cover the big game and to provide updates on Vollmer.Interest is getting more and more, said Marc Behrenbeck, a reporter for Sky Sport News in Munich. In Germany, football isnt that big, soccer is huge; football is very tiny compared to (soccer), but its getting more and more popular.Behrenbeck has covered the Super Bowl seven times and connected with fellow German reporters through the years, some of them from Germany, others who relocated to the U.S.The contingent of German reporters spent most of the day around Vollmer, jumping in with questions in German.Actually, its a tiny football family thats getting bigger every year, Behrenbeck said.___VOLLMERS SUPER ROUTEVollmer took an unconventional route to the Super Bowl.Born in Dusseldorf, he grew up swimming and playing basketball, and didnt start playing football until he was 14.After leading his prep school to a pair of national championships, Vollmer played in the Global Junior Championships in San Diego, where he secured a scholarship to the University of Houston.Despite knowing no English when he arrived, Vollmer adapted quickly and was drafted by the Patriots in the second round of the 2009 NFL draft.Now hes making his second Super Bowl appearance.I wouldnt say it (the journey) was bizarre, but it wasnt always easy, Vollmer said. But I wouldnt trade it for anything, either.___PUPPET SHOWInternational reporters tend to be some of the wackiest at Media Day, including a Mexican TV reporter who wore a wedding dress and asked Tom Brady to marry her in 2008.This year session didnt seem to have as many wild stunts, but there were some interesting moments involving the foreign press.One TV team from Azteca Deportes brought along a pair of bug-eyed, bucktoothed hand puppets that helped the reporter ask questions. Two men kneeled to the sides of the reporter and held the puppets up, shouting out apparently-irreverent questions — at least based on the laughter — in Spanish.The puppets did one interview with a German reporter who had fake scars on his face like a zombie and later cornered Seahawks centre Patrick Lewis.I dont know what theyre saying, Lewis said to the reporter after one of the puppets asked him a question.They want to know how big your girlfriend is, the reporter said.Big enough, the 6-foot-1, 311-pound Lewis said with a laugh.Gina Holguin, a model and reporter for a Mexican media company Televisa, danced with Seattles Richard Sherman at the end of his session.___CANADA STRONGCanada will have a pair of players to root for in the Super Bowl for the second straight season: Seahawks tight end Luke Willson and punter Jon Ryan.Willson, who grew up outside Windsor, Ontario, made his way to the NFL after playing at Rice University, where he learned a quick lesson in how big football is in the United States.It was pretty intense, especially coming from Canada, Willson said. It was a very, very different atmosphere. Football is almost like a religion down there, so it was kind of cool in that sense to have that many people care about the game of football.Ryan, of Regina, Saskatchewan, never got to experience football in America until he ended up in the NFL — with Green Bay in 2006 — by way of the CFL and the University of Regina.Growing up in Canada, I never thought Id have the opportunity to play in the NFL, said Ryan, who threw a touchdown pass on a trick play in Seattles comeback win over the Packers in the NFC Championship. Now to have been playing here for nine years, playing in my second Super Bowl is really a dream come true.The Seahawks have one other foreign-born player on its roster: Defensive lineman Jesse Williams, who was born in Brisbane, Australia. He spent the season on injured reserve after injuring his knee during fall camp.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL KJ McDaniels Jersey .The Los Angeles Lakers star passed Michael Jordan for third on the NBAs career scoring list Sunday night in a 100-94 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. Norman Powell Jersey . According to a police report, Douglas is accused of grabbing his girlfriend by the neck and slamming her against the wall several times while he carried her from the elevator to their Hartford hotel room early Sunday morning. http://www.shopraptors.com/Cheap-Cj-Miles-Raptors-Jersey/. Johnny Manziel, college footballs most entertaining player with the reputation for pulling off magical plays, was selected with the No. Serge Ibaka Jersey . PETERSBURG, Fla. Toronto Raptors Jerseys . -- Canadas Nicole Vandermade won the Four Winds Invitational on Sunday for her first Symetra Tour title, closing with a 4-under 68 for a one-stroke victory. Canadas Patrick Chan sits in second place in mens figure skating after a solid performance in his short program at the Winter Olympics in Sochi. One of his main rivals, Japanese skater Yuzuru Hanyu, sits just ahead of him in first place. Chan skated a largely clean routine, although he stumbled slightly in landing one of his triple axels — a jump that CBC figure skating analyst Kurt Browning said is "not his favourite comfort jump." Chans score of 97.52 was only one point off his all-time personal best of 98.52 in the short. It was not enough to surpass Hanyu, however, who beat his own world record in the short program with a score of 101.45 today in the event. Chan is the world record holder in the long program, which starts tomorrow at 10 a.m. ET. Despite having been home to several prominent figure skaters over the years, no Canadian man has ever won the Olympic gold medal in figure skating. Spanish skater Javier Fernandez is in third place, atop a group of skaters bunched tightly together, with only four points separating third place from eighth. Plushenko retires Earlier in the day Evgeni Plushenko surprised the figure skating world by withdrawing during warm-ups to his short program because he injured himself while awkwardly landing a jump. He then went to the judges table before bowing to the crowd and leaving the ice, saying later it felt like "a knife in my back.dddddddddddd" "After the first triple axel I stepped out and felt terrible pain in my leg and the second one was just a terrible landing," Plushenko said. "I couldnt feel my legs after it." He later announced his retirement from competitive skating. "I am sorry for my fans and for everybody, but I tried till the end. I almost cried," he said. "This is not how I wanted to end my career. I am very disappointed. But I tried to do my best." Plushenko, a three-time medallist in the mens event, was a darkhorse for the podium this time around and the host countrys only representative in the event. Another Canadian skater, Kevin Reynolds, failed to land two jumps and hit the ice twice during his short program, scoring a 68.76. Thats well off his personal best in the event of 85.16. "It was a disaster out there," Reynolds said after he finished skating. "I lost it on the first jump and it just snowballed from there. The result is where Im sitting now. Its incredibly disappointing for me." Reynolds performance was good enough to make the cutoff to perform in the free skate tomorrow. With files from Olympic News Service NFL Jerseys From China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Discount Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Jerseys NFL China NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

Название раздела: Разное
Описание: О русском языке и русской культуре

Быстрый ответ

В целях предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами, введите отображённый текст в поле ниже.
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «Разное»