Новость

points, four adrift of league lea

Описание: Методические материалы, разработанные нашими специалистами и партнерами.

lw789
lw789

#1 lw789 » 02.08.2018, 12:12

Drew Willy may have been named the CFL Offensive Player of the Week following his clubs 45-21 victory over the Toronto Argonauts, but the quarterback got strong support from both his offensive line and another eye-opening surprise in the Winnipeg Blue Bombers offence. Nic Grigsby was superb in his CFL debut in Week 1, and the 25-year-old feels hes just getting started. "As the game went on my game started to come back," said Grigsby, who ran for 122 yards on 21 carries and added a pair of catches for 17. "It got a little slower. I still got a lot of stuff to get better on — just some little things and detail that coaches got on me about to be a better player and have a better game." The Bombers O-line opened up some wide lanes in the run game against the Argos. Winnipegs young tailback has history with one lineman in particular, who pulled from the right tackle spot to be the lead blocker on a couple big Grigsby gains up the middle. "Me and (Dan) Knapp, we went a long way (back)," said the University of Arizona product of his new favourite blocker. "We played against each other in college. He went to Arizona State, my rival, so when we got here in camp we bumped heads a little bit — not bumped heads — but just, you know, the rivalry-type stuff. But now were on the same team. Were in the same boat, and hes pulling for me and everything. I love them guys up front." The head coach isnt taken aback by Grigsbys impressive debut in the slightest. "Nope, didnt surprise me. Hes been steadily getting better all the way through camp," said Mike OShea. "My concern maybe early on was, he might not have taken advantage of every hole that was there, and now hes through it. It was just a matter of him getting comfortable with his vision, with his reads, and the CFL field — the size of it, I think. But hes done well." OShea is enamoured by Grigsbys ability to adapt and pick things up quickly. That goes double when youre protecting a lead late in the game. "One of the things thats impressive is, when were running that last three minutes and we have the ball and youre asking a guy to stay in bounds and slide, you know? For years and years and years American tailbacks come up here, they get in their first game and run out of bounds when we want that clock to run. You tell them and they still do it. But right away, I tell (Grigsby) once, he was sliding in bounds all the time making sure that clock kept running. Obviously hes an intelligent football player and took that instruction, basically in a three-second conversation, and applied it." With running back Will Ford still working to get back into game shape after a hamstring pull, and Paris Cotton out for a few weeks with a knee injury (hes been wearing a heavy brace in light on-field workouts during practice), Grigsbys fight to stay healthy enough to play has also impressed the coaching staff. "Its as good as its going to get right now," scoffed Grigsby playfully. "Everybody is banged-up and bruised. Nobodys at 100 per cent, I dont care who you are, (even) if youre a quarterback. Its day-to-day of getting better. Get your body in the cold tub, getting the therapy, and come ready to play. "You know youve got to be durable in this league. Its all about growing and depending on yourself to actually do the extra little things thats going to keep you on the field." This week sees another challenge, in that the Blue Bombers will try to prepare for their Week 2 opponent — the expansion Ottawa Redblacks — having minimal game film to study. Ottawa had a bye in Week 1. "Were going out there blind to the eye other than what the base preseason games are. And a lot of teams keep preseason really base," said Grigsby of the "vanilla" offence the Redblacks have shown. "Our coaching staff did a great job putting (video) cut-ups of the (Redblacks) coaches that they have now and what they did in the past, so were going to use that to our ability. Come game time there is that adjust-on-the-fly and be ready to go." NOTES: Eleven-year CFL veteran Korey Banks asked the team for his release this week after not securing a job in the teams starting lineup. The club has placed him on the suspended list indefinitely and flown him home to Atlanta... Mike OShea says he doesnt want to tinker too much with a lineup that looked pretty solid in Week 1. National cornerback Donovan Alexander may be ready to return following a calf injury, but Matt Bucknor will continue to start at field corner... Tailback Will Ford (hamstring) may be ready to go as well after missing both preseason games, but Nic Grigsby will start with the ball... Defensive backs Alex Suber (hamstring) and Marty Markett (high-ankle sprain) both still need time to recover and are again out this week... Slotback Cory Watson suffered a hamstring injury in the first half Thursday night and didnt return to the game. The 30-year-old will miss a week, at least, and it appears fellow national receiver Julian Feoli-Gudino, who hauled in a touchdown pass in Watsons second half absence, will start in his place... Defensive tackle Zach Anderson has missed some significant practice time this week with a heel contusion. OShea says he should be ready for the game... Another defensive tackle, Bryant Turner, has been excused from practice this week for the birth of his daughter. The 2013 Eastern All-Star is expected to play against Ottawa. If either Turner or Anderson are unable to go Thursday night, Kashawn Fraser is an option to come off the practice roster and dress. Kevin Hogan Jersey . Or how his team has defended Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson. Or just about anything that has happened on the court in the first-round playoff series. Instead, Rivers and his players spent Saturday talking about how they would respond to an audio recording of a man identified as Clippers owner Donald Sterling telling his girlfriend not to bring black people to games. Troy Apke Jersey .com) - Carmelo Anthony tallied 31 points to help the New York Knicks continue their improved play of late with a 100-92 victory over a short-handed Oklahoma City Thunder squad. http://www.authenticredskinsfootballonline.com/au ... ron-christian-redskins-jersey/. -- Ben Brust scored 19 points to lead six Wisconsin players in double figures as the No. Jonathan Allen Redskins Jersey . They are back to a game above .500 on the year and back to .500 on the road. It was their 10th extra time game of the year, and only the second one that did not got to a shootout. Pernell McPhee Redskins Jersey .C. - Blair Jones scored the eventual winner in the third period as the Abbotsford Heat defeated the Oklahoma City Oil Barons 3-2 in American Hockey League action on Friday.LONDON, England - Arsenal kept up the pace in the race for the Premier League title with a 1-0 away win over archrival Tottenham on Sunday. On the ground where they last won the title, the Gunners took full advantage of leader Chelseas loss to Aston Villa on Saturday to close the gap to the leader. "It was a must-win game. We maintained the focus to not make the mistake that would cost us," Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said. He watched his side take the lead inside two minutes when midfielder Tomas Rosicky rifled in an unstoppable shot from the edge of the area. Alex-Oxlade Chamberlain should have doubled the visitors lead in the 15th when he raced clear on goal, but his attempted lob sailed well wide of goal of goalkeeper Hugo Lloris goal. Another swift counterattack by Arsenal eventually saw Oliver Giroud square the ball across goal in the 26th, but Oxlade-Chamberlains shot deflected wide. Tottenhams striker Emmanuel Adebayor was unable to divert his shot inside the far post following a right-wing cross from Townsend shortly before the half-hour mark. Oxlade-Chamberlain blazed high over the bar from the edge of the penalty area,, after Rosicky had rolled the ball into his path, having robbed Danny Rose in the 41st.dddddddddddd The hosts started the second half with real purpose, and should have equalized in the 46th through Nacer Chadli. However, he failed to convert from close range after goalkeeper Wojciech Szczesny fumbled the ball in the area. Spurs continued to press forward and Chadli missed another opportunity in the 52nd. The Belgian international attempted an extravagant flick deep inside the penalty area following Andros Townsends right-wing cross. "Tottenham played very well. We had an early lead and we were juggling between protecting the lead and finishing the game off," Wenger said. That win lifts the Gunners into third place on 62 points, four adrift of league leader Chelsea, which it faces next Saturday. "Its a great result for us," Rosicky said. "I think it is a great race for the fans and for us the players. As Ive said many times, I think it will be until the last game of the season." Tottenham remains in fifth place, seven points adrift of the final Champions League berth with eight games remaining. Wholesale Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 Discount Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

Название раздела: Методические материалы
Описание: Методические материалы, разработанные нашими специалистами и партнерами.

Быстрый ответ

В целях предотвращения автоматической отправки форм спам-ботами, введите отображённый текст в поле ниже.
:hi: :smile: :wink: :twisted: :sad: :evil: :smoke: :eh: :eek: :fie: :silenced: :razz: :oops: :help: :spy: :insane: :biggrin: :toothless: :ill: :nervious: :weirdface: :pray: :clap: :think: :boxing: :cyclop: :rambo: :zombie: :cry: Ещё смайлики…

Вернуться в «Методические материалы»